Country House

Country House
"Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul"

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Re-birth of my art blog

So here we are again, same subject but different blog title. I'm now me, an artistic creator. I encountered a problem with the title of my last blog, which shall remain nameless, after being notified that the blog title was infringing on a registered trademark. I mean - go figure! Certainly not moi.

In as far as my painting output is concerned, just finished a smaller canvas using palette knives to create a landscape. Love - and I mean love - the end result. There is something about using these tools and the raised texture they create that thrills me. That is, when a painting works. For example, painting on a smaller surface, at least for me, is safe. On the other hand moving to a large canvas presents a problem, most likely psychological but a problem nonetheless. Any other artists reading this share this dilemma?

This morning marks the third "white-over" whereupon I take a 2" brush along with lots of white paint layers to cover blechy boo-boos that just didn't work. In my mind they did but reality hit when things didn't turn out as I planned. My husband asked me today if I sell my paintings by the pound. That thick. Since I started out using a palette knife along with paint thickener, there was no way I could eliminate the strokes. Instead, I returned to my faithful brushes while attempting to add to what exists. Not quite sure how or if it will work. Will report back.

Also finished a larger canvas using shades of blue done with palette knives and brushes. I like. Will be sharing some photos of them eventually.

And so it goes. Some successes - some not-so-successes. Then again, that's what art is about: the creative process. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Glad you could drop by. Share your feelings and comments and let's talk art!