Five days ago, the weather forecast called for a 70% chance of rain on Saturday, the day that the art show was taking place. Upon hearing and reading this, I ranted and raved around the house mumbling (actually considerably louder than mumbling), "typical - so typical of our luck!" This is the polite translation. Being that this is an outdoor show, weather plays an if not "the" most important part. A flurry (I like that word!) of e-mail communication followed between the organizers as to contingency plans for Sunday, which at that point was merely a little more promising.
"Think positive!" I told myself while monitoring the weather. For the next few days, my motto was "think positive - it won't rain. Think positive - it will not rain..."
Sometimes the gods do hear our plea. By the end of the week on Friday, the weather had made a 360 degree change and today the sun is shining bright and the temperature will be in the mid '70's. My paintings have been priced (she wrote optimistically) and my biggest dilemma today is what to wear. Should it be the short-sleeved blouse or the long sleeved jersey... These are important issues!
The by-word today is placement. As is the case and importance with real estate, location...location...location. The focus is to have the best vantage point where visitors will see us and our masterpieces. We live in hope.
Photos to follow - hopefully happy faces.