Country House

Country House
"Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul"

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A taste of my paintings for the show

As mentioned in the previous blog, I'm preparing for the outdoor condo art exhibition coming up on Saturday, June 9 - weather permitting - or if it rains, which it did last year, Sunday, June 10.

Right now I'm finishing up a canvas, which I'm calling, "Pond Life" focusing on green water found in ponds, with reeds jutting out. Really like it. Why? I don't know but there are some paintings that just make me happy and this is one of them. Hopefully, I won't screw things up as I tend to do placing some last strokes. I have to control this urge to fix what ain't broken! I'm also toying with working on two other canvases, one considerably larger than I usually do and am known to mess up, and the other a smaller, safe canvas. I'll see.

Meanwhile, here are some canvases that will be on display.





Will be adding more in the coming days. So whad'ya think?

2 comments:

  1. The work above featuring the house is just beautiful. Are those peonies or roses growing beside the door? Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. The flowers are what you want them to be, since they are a creation from my imagination.

      Delete

Welcome! Glad you could drop by. Share your feelings and comments and let's talk art!