Country House

Country House
"Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul"

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Mini paintings make a nice splash of color

It's been a while since sharing more photos of my paintings. This winter, I focused my efforts on my minis - 4x7" - which are displayed in a small easels. Enjoyed the experience of miniature-izing flower and landscape scenes.

I call my latest efforts, "Table Toppers" in that they sit in small easels that fit perfectly on a corner table or any type of display top, actually ("oh Ellie - you're so shameless in an obvious plug for your minis!"). They are an interesting artistic challenge but I also like my larger canvases, two photos of which I'll share shortly, here. As an aside (big on these), my favorite of the paintings is the butterfly. There is something about butterflies that is very fragile and entrancing to watch.



Here is the end result.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Glad you could drop by. Share your feelings and comments and let's talk art!