Country House

Country House
"Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul"

Monday, May 28, 2012

Yearly art exhibition coming up in two weeks

It's been a while since I've updated this blog but it's time to share some exciting - at least for me - news.

As in past years, the annual condo art and artisan show and sale is coming up in two weeks. The call went out two weeks ago to artists and artisans living in our twin condo buildings, who are interested in displaying their artistic output. Last year was a bust given the cool temps and rain, which ended the show after two hours. Hopefully, this year we will have at least sunny weather since the show is outdoors in a beautiful setting near a river.

I'll be showing seven or eight paintings that were done over the year. The subjects as usual, are diverse ranging from a scene focusing on a mesa, some landscapes of which I'm particularly proud since I used palette knives, a volcano oozing lava (using palette knives) and some abstracts. I'm enjoying abstracts because they free your creativity and spirit but I still find myself drawn to landscapes.

Publicity is essential in attracting outsiders to the exhibit and we're distributing flyers to condos in the area. It goes without saying (or writing) that friends, neighbors, former neighbors, relations...anybody whose phone number I've held on to, will be notified. Although it's a bonus to be able to sell a canvas or two, inter-acting with people who drop by is a reward in itself.

Will be posting photos of the show and updating when there is news. Here are some photos of the show from a few years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Glad you could drop by. Share your feelings and comments and let's talk art!